Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius: 57 Lessons with Projects
There is truly a lack of good, basic hardwire electronic "how-to" books. The market seems interested in this type of fun project compilation. This is another book in our extremely successful "Evil Genius" series. So far, each of the books has sold about $50,000 in less than 3 months. With this book and another (Scrap Electronics for the Evil Genius), we should have a nice "cluster" for our next catalog. The perfect addition to our "Evil Genius" series, this book details everything an electronics hobbyist would want to know about circuits and circuit design through 57 Lessons. Readers work through 5 distinct, useful projects to reinforce their learning.
From the Back Cover
FROM CIRCUIT FAINT HEART TO CIRCUIT LION HEART IN 57 EASY AND FUN LESSONS
Featuring everything an electronics hobbyist could want to learn about circuits and circuit design, Dave Cutcher's Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius makes it fun to achieve genuine mastery, one simple lesson at a time. What's more, when you're done, you'll have 5 complete projects to show for your efforts!
5 FUN AND INSTRUCTIVE PROJECTS
Cutcher's 57 lessons build on each other and add up to projects you'll be proud to display, play with, and put to practical use. You don't need to know anything about electronics to begin building:
- A night light that turns itself on as darkness falls, and off at dawn's first light
- A professional-quality burglar alarm
- A toy that thinks for itself with logic gates
- An application that counts -- built on your own design
- A two-way intercom using transistors and op amps
BUILD HANDS-ON EXPERTISE
Designed to teach through doing, Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius provides hours of rewarding fun. That's not all. This book gives you valuable experience in circuit construction and design. You learn to test, modify, and observe results -- skills you can put to work in all the exciting circuit-building projects in your future.
Dave Cutcher makes it easy for you to master electronic circuits. Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius gives you:
- Illustrated instructions and plans for amazing pretested projects advanced enough for sophisticated electronics enthusiasts but described in sufficient detail to be built easily by newcomers
- Frustration-free plans -- needed parts are listed, along with sources
- Full instructions on using a digital multimeter and turning your computer into an oscilloscope
- Templates for CAD work and a link to a great public domain CAD program
- Online access to an inexpensive kit (around $50) containing all the materials you need to build these projects (you can, of course, buy parts individually, wherever you choose)
225 pages | English ISBN-10: 0071448810 | PDF | 12.4MB